Monday, November 30, 2009

thankful


This years Thanksgiving was wonderful! My family came and we had tons of fun watching Trey be silly and doing yard work (well the boys did) eating tons, and showing them around Richmond. The bummer of it is that I started to get the flu on Saturday and am still recovering. My family left Sunday morning, which I'm thankful for, because I would have hated for them to have gotten sick especially with an eight hour drive home!! I ended up calling my midwife on Sunday though just since I am 36 weeks pregnant, I wanted to make sure I was doing everything right. She called me in something that will lessen the symptoms and duration of the flu but it will still allow it to run its course. We both agreed it would be absolutely terrible to go into labor at the time being this sick. She also told me what I needed to look out for and do and not do, and most of all she said I need to stay in bed and do nothing. Which sounds nice at first, and actually has its shining moments, but when your precious little boy comes in the room excited to see you and says "mommy, mommy, mommy, hug?" but you can't because you don't want him to catch this terrible virus, its enough to break your heart and make you beg to be well again!
Luckily I have this incredibly amazing husband that has completely taken over as a mommy to trey and doctor and humble servant to me! :O) He has been cooking, cleaning up after every meal, sweeping, doing laundry, dishes, scrubbing the bathtub...which is so much more special when I'm sick. It's so nice to feel taken care of and makes me fall in love with him even more...imagine that?! I know I take it for granted sometimes, but this is reminding me how I should pay more attention.

Now, I'm sure most of you are wondering why there is a picture of Friends on here?! What does that have to do with being sick? Well, I'm sure most of you have seen the show and understand when I say how they live in community with each other. Here is a group of friends who do just about every aspect of life with each other. They are always there when needed, and constantly look out for one another. Thats the second part of my sick story.
Since we moved to Richmond to start this church we have met some amazing people. Those are some of the people who we do life with together. Who we are "Friends" with ourselves. We have meals together, play games together, read the Bible together, pray together, work together and are just plain there for each other. Well, last night when Robby was in small group and told them what was going on with me, they all immediately stepped up. Chris and Ann sent him home with gatorades and waters for me, Luke and Whitney said they were bringing dinner over tonight, April went out and got me more gatorades and soup today, and some offered to watch Trey if needed. Out of the eight people that were there last night, I'd say thats a pretty darn good group of friends to have. I am so thankful to be a part of this and pray that people will be drawn by this story and want to be a part of it also! So, thanks to my Friends!

1 comment:

Robby Christmas said...

Not much I can say after that. Beautifully put; we are indeed blessed. Oh ... and just know that it's an honor to serve you honey.