Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Christmastime in Richmond...

Well I have been sick since Thanksgiving. Gross. I actually got better for about a week but then have gradually gotten worse again. I can't breathe through my nose, so at night my throat dries out viciously and burns like fire. I have a cough that sounds like a seal and I'm just flat out one big whale. But oh how excited I am about this Christmas season. I really can't handle the fact that this past weekend we got about eight inches of snow. Its gorgeous outside. I'm so surprised at how much that adds to the glory of Christmas. It reminds me that because of the birth of Jesus, and His dying on the Cross, that I am washed as white as snow. That the blanket of white that is covering nearly every inch outside is kind of like His forgiveness of my sins. Though, I know that His "blanket" doesn't cover, it takes away. My sins are gone.

Now, on from my sermon. :) I am so over ready to have this baby. One midwife told me last week that it looked like it would be any second. The one I saw today told me that she thinks my body is trying to get better before it lets me go into labor. Which means that it could be a few more days to a week. Oh how I wish to be able to bend over and pick something up without feeling like I'm going to topple over! Or how about put on shoes normally. Or what about even standing up in the shower without feeling like I'm going to fall over. Soon enough. Thats what I keep telling myself.

I guess what I'm mostly nervous about is having her on Christmas day. One, because I really want to be here with Trey, but two being that I really just don't want to be in the hospital on Christmas and all of our friends are going out of town except one family. Well, that family just had a baby a week ago and they have family in town. So, I hate to send him there, but we might just have to! :)

I'm going to end this with some cute pictures of Trey in the snow. Enjoy!






3 comments:

Grace said...

So cute! I love your sermon:)....and I know how you feel with your pregnancy! I get head colds constantly when I'm preg, its sooo frustrating! One after the other....that little princess will get here right when she should! Hang in there!

Jana said...

Trey is getting so big! I am praying for you Joanna and waiting to hear from you and your little Mary Grace! I hope you feel much better very soon! Love you!

Robby Christmas said...

hey beautiful ... great blog. I love those pictures of Trey, and next winter we'll have two kids playing in the snow!! Love you so much. You were so awesome during labor. I'm so proud of you.