Thursday, January 14, 2010

Answers

Well, we didn't get as many answers today as we had hoped. The doctor said that Trey was a strange case. After a two and a half hour visit, lots of pokes and skin scrapes, we found out that he's fairly allergic to dogs and cats and cashews and walnuts and peanuts and dust mites. They said his dust mite allergy was almost as severe as the peanut allergy. Poor booger. Reluctantly, we are going to try a nose spray for him to see if that will help with his coughing at night and we're going to go ahead and get a dust mite cover for his toddler bed. Hopefully this will work and we'll all be happy sleepers in our own beds very soon!! (They said it could take 2-6 weeks for the nose spray to kick in and work)

Now for little Mary Grace. The poor girl has got some terrible reflux. I didn't have it with Trey, so this is new, but its terrible. She can hardly be awake without crying. I can just see her writhe in pain and tell that she's miserable. She wakes up at night a lot and CONSTANTLY wants to eat. (Because the eating soothes the reflux, so its the only way she knows how to feel better) I've gone completely off dairy and soy (SO TOUGH FOR ME!) and hopefully this will help. If it doesn't, I'll have to go ahead and call the doctor and see what we can do. I've given her some gripe water, but I can't tell yet if that helps. This is so not fun! Especially for her! She was so quite the first week and she was always so content. I hate that she's so miserable now.

3 comments:

emily bennett said...

Poor babies!

I've had several friends who took their baby to a chiropractor for reflux- and they say it works like a miracle. Had one friend go three times, by the third- they never had to go again. Maybe that could help?

Hope you guys start getting some sleep and the littles feel better :(

Eryn, Bo, Jackson, Lily, and Josiah said...

Jack was the same way, except he couldn't eat without being in pain :( Eventually the doctor put him on Prevacid, but I don't think that helped. Honestly out of all the things we tried, I think gripe water was the best. It will help when you can start her on rice cereal, but I know that is a long time away. I'm sorry you're dealing with this!

Anonymous said...

Reading these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is an integral part of our lives in this day and age, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further develops, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.sosblog.com/-b/Will-the-R4-or-R4i-work-b1-p2.htm]R4 Card[/url] DS SysBro)