Wednesday, November 3, 2010

NEW POST! YAY!

Alright, I realize that its a little ridiculous that my last post was about Josiah and Amanda getting engaged, and two weekends ago, they got married. SO...I'm ashamed, and I've decided to get my act together. I've decided to start incorporating something new into the blog. Robby and I have made a committment to start eating a lot healthier. We never ate terrible on a regular basis, but we've really decided to be serious about it. I wish that I would have taken a picture of what I made last night. It was so good. AND CHEAP! I got some all natural/hormone free boneless skinless chicken for 1.49/lb. (LOTS AND LOTS OF IT!) and a head of broccoli and a box of quinoa. It was my first time cooking it. We really liked it and its so healthy! I sauteed mushrooms and onions to go over the quinoa. Overall, the meal came out to about $7 TOTAL! That was awesome!! So, I'm going to start blogging about eating healthier and I'm also going to post pictures so you can see eating healthy can actually look good, taste good, and be done for a reasonable price. The bummer when eating healthy is that its more expensive, but if you shop around, its possible! We are on a pretty strict grocery budget and we also buy diapers when needed with the money we've set aside for groceries, but we still came out well at the grocery store yesterday. We aren't adding anything to our budget. We'll try to do it with what we've got.

So for dinner tonight, since it got super cold outside, I'm making homemade chicken and rice soup with carrots and corn and to go along with it, homemade spelt yeast rolls. I've never made them before, but we'll see how it comes out. I'll post pictures!

2 comments:

Robby Christmas said...

i love your cooking!!!

Like Sugar with a T said...

Joanna? Are you there? I'm still waiting for more recipes. We haven't eaten since November. Spencer's getting hungry but I keep telling him that you'll put more recipes up soon.