Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Little Cabin in the Woods

(PICTURES BELOW...I PROMISE!!)
I have always been thankful that I have a thoughtful husband. Things definitely get crazy with kids in the picture, but for Christmas he pulled through again, big time. One of my gifts was a kid free weekend away. We were to drop the kids off in Lynchburg and then head to Massanutten to stay at our sweet friends cabin. Now, for some of you with parents that live nearby, this might not seem like a big deal. You might get to get away often. But for us...it was heavenly. If our family is ever in town, we don't want to leave the kids with them, we want to see our family! So, this was extra special. But as excited as I was, I was really worked up about leaving them. I prayed that they would do well. Partly for Teecy and Christy's sake, but mostly for my sake so that I could relax. Well, funny how we're doing a study on prayer and God decided to remind me VERY clearly that it works. See, the kids hadn't been sleeping through the night for about three weeks. Mary Grace, who normally does, has had a cold and just been unsettled and Trey has been waking up crying and having night terrors. I mean, like three or four times a night were up with at least one of them. Also, going home for Christmas really threw them off schedule and made things worse. Thats why I was nervous. Wanna take a guess at what happened? They both slept through the night PERFECTLY both nights. I still can't believe it. (They've actually been sleeping pretty well since we've been home to, praise the Lord)
So, back to our trip...Robby was so sweet because he told me that we could do whatever I wanted while we were there. This resort is really awesome. It has snow tubing, skiing, an indoor water park and tons of other stuff. He made such a sacrifice because the only thing I wanted to do was stay holed up inside the warm cabin doing nothing. I. LOVED. IT. Another part of the gift was gift card to the grocery store to spend for that trip. We went a little crazy and decided to get Filet Mignon. We had that and some super fun snacks and ended up having much needed chance to feel like two adults reading and talking over coffee. (That doesn't happen too often) :) THANK YOU TEECY AND CHRISTY!


This was what went into our omelet the last morning we were there. Green peppers, mushrooms, filet, and aged white cheddar from Trader Joes. It. was. so. good.


A vegetarians nightmare. We went all out and got filet mignon.


Robby working hard in the kitchen making breakfast.


Our little reading "nook"

3 comments:

T.C. said...

YES! THERE'S A NOOK! Totally my style, good for you guys. Ok, question: "..sweet friends cabin.." Are you saying Barbara's sweet for lending you the cabin, or the cabin itself is sweet? Or, is it themed after the 1990s TV sitcom centered around a group of single young professionals who get themselves into crazy predicaments but always seem to find their way out, and laugh about it later at the Central Perk coffe shop? Still confused.

Joanna Christmas said...

I know you are talking about Friends, but I don't get it. I wasn't one of the devoted followers...I was saying Barbara is a sweet friend. (Though the cabin is pretty stinkin' sweet)...Sorry, you're sense of humor is starting to finally get me. That means your getting better I think...Sometimes I have to ask Robby if you are joking or not :)

Teecy said...

no, thank YOU. i loved having those kids w/ me! Let's do it again!