Saturday, June 4, 2011

S'more love...




I covenant to love you and to fight for you
and when we fight to love you anyway
I offer my love to you unconditionally
As I am loved unconditionally by Christ

I promise to be there for you
When its easy and especially when its hard
When you are laughing and
especially when you are crying
When you are well and especially
when you are sick

These are the vows we wrote for our wedding. Well, basically the ones that Robby wrote for us... :)

Last night we had a little "in date". That's what we call a date we have at home once the kids go to bed. We take turns planning them. This time it was Robby's turn. He started with us writing out our vows and then somewhat disected them to see what parts we've done well with and what parts we could work on. Then we drew pictures of how we see the other person. This was hilarious. My picture was very descriptive. Him holding a box of diapers, with a toilet brush in his hand and balancing a frying pan and a cup of coffee on his arms. All of these things because he's so helpful and thoughtful. Then he had big muscles and a tool belt, because he is so handy around the house. And then, to top it off... he had bare feet. We went shoe shopping for him because he lost the pair of tennis shoes he's had for about six years. (I think it was time for a new pair anyway haha) We left with no shoes. We've been to four different stores looking for shoes. He's so indecisive. Its hilarious. So that he had bare feet in the picture. :)

Now, this sounds dumb, but for some reason I have been wanting to have S'mores for a really long time. Not because I think they taste amazing, but its just something about them that makes me feel like a kid. So, even though I haven't mentioned it in a while, he went to the store and got stuff to make them. So we had a great fire in the Chiminea and roasted marshmellows and had S'mores and just talked. I love those times. What a precious little date.

1 comment:

emily bennett said...

love it!

now, about those pictures. let's see 'em!!!! :)