Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Sanity



So Robby and I have started a wonderful Saturday morning routine. We put the kids to bed late on Friday night in hopes that they sleep in on Saturday morning. Robby and I wake up at 5:30 or 6 and start with coffee. Not just in the kitchen like normal. The night before, we set up a little coffee station in the living room on the corner table inbetween the two sofas. Once we crawl out of bed, we hit the button and the morning starts. We sit and drink our coffee in complete stillness and just talk. About anything. Its. so. wonderful. Last night we went to see fireworks with some friends and the kids didn't go to bed until 9:30. So, that meant that this morning Robby and I got from 6-8:30 all by ourselves. It was such a great way to start the day.




Then, once the kids wake up, I make a fun breakfast. Something like pancakes, or cinnamon rolls or breakfast casserole...something we don't normally have :)



After that, we load this kids up and take them to the gym and Robby and I take the 9:30 yoga class. Yes, of course, Robby takes yoga with me :)

We haven't been doing this routine long, but so far, we love it. It gets us ready for the day and gives us a chance to enjoy some conversation without being exhausted at the end of the night. Love this.

What do you do regularly with your loved ones that you enjoy?

2 comments:

Teecy said...

I love slow mornings! Great idea.

If I had kids I think I might be tempted to give them tylenol PM every night!

Dolly said...

I love this morning routine idea. I just don't know if I could talk at 5:30 in the morning. haha! Our time to talk is usually in the evenings after we put them to bed but I like the idea of going to the gym together. Since I probably couldn't get my husband to take a yoga class with me, going for an evening walk is my best bet!