Sunday, July 24, 2011

Garden Grown

So we have this tiny garden and we planted way too much zucchini and squash. I'm so thankful for the free produce, but I'm sooooo over it :) We went to Wilmington a few weekends ago and when we came back, we had a massive zucchini. Actually, we've had three that are about as long as a watermelon and as thick as a large grapefruit. No fertilizer. We just left them on too long. I hope our tomatoes do half as well!
So I didn't know what to do with it. I mean, what do you really do with that much zucchini?! I'm happy to say, I made something AMAZING!

Watch how this...




Turned into THIS:






I cut the zuchini in half and put a little olive oil and salt and pepper on it and roasted it for about 20 minutes. Then I scooped out the insides (which I'll puree and use later in a spaghetti sauce or something). Then, I marinated some chicken, and cooked it really low so it was nice and tender. I made some brown rice and put some diced tomatoes and green onions (from our garden) in with it. Added a little salt and pepper and the chicken and stuffed away. I topped it with a little cheese and put it back in for about 20 minutes. Thats not my first choice in a dinner usually, but I was so thrilled it turned out good. Robby and I only ate a half of the giant beast, so we get to eat it again today! You should try it!

No comments: